In episode 9, Scott and Ben wade into the world of SharePoint Online Administration. We discuss some of the difference between SharePoint On-Premises and SharePoint Online as well as things that are the same in both environments. We talk about limits to be aware of and other points of consideration when rolling out and administering SharePoint Online. From there we make our way into talking about PowerShell and managing SharePoint Online with PowerShell. We wrap up by talking about various site collections that are created in SharePoint Online, specifically around the Content Type Hub and Microsoft Groups and Teams.
- Limits and Boundaries in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Online PowerShell Module
- Dev PnP SharePoint PowerShell Module
- Azure AD PowerShell v2 and Microsoft Online PowerShell Module
- Managing the SharePoint Online Content Type Hub
Note: This was recorded pre SharePoint Summit 2017, as such, some of the new administration features that were announced (but not yet released) aren’t covered in this episode. If you want to here are take on the announcements from the SharePoint Summit, you can go back and listen to Episode 7.