In Episode 343, Ben and Scott start to tackle the great renaming of Azure Active Directory to Microsoft Entra ID (or MEID). Except for the places that it didn’t get renamed. It’s not confusing at all.
They discuss the implications of the rename and the potential confusion it could cause, as well as explore new product announcements related to Microsoft’s foray into the security service edge market. They also provide resources for understanding the rename and navigating Microsoft Intra. Overall, they have some frustration with the renaming exercise, but acknowledge that it probably is a good thing and when it comes down to it, is largely a just a rename of the service.
Like what you hear and want to support the show? Check out our membership options.
- Announcing new innovations in Microsoft Entra
- Microsoft Entra Plans & Pricing
- Azure AD is being renamed to Microsoft Entra ID
- New name for Azure Active Directory
- Azure AD Renamed! Enter Microsoft Entra ID
- Microsoft Entra External ID? public preview: Developer-centric platform
- Planning for customer identity and access management (preview)
- Identity PowerToys
- Microsoft Entra Expands into Security Service Edge with Two New Offerings
About the sponsors
|Intelligink utilizes their skill and passion for the Microsoft cloud to empower their customers with the freedom to focus on their core business. They partner with them to implement and administer their cloud technology deployments and solutions. Visit Intelligink.com for more info.|