In Episode 89, Scott sits down with Jeremy Winter, Director of Azure Management, to talk about Azure Migrate and how to approach the migration lifecycle of Assess, Migrate, Optimize, Secure, and Manage.
- Mover.io – Scan, Plan, Migrate, Report. Migrations that don’t suck – with Mover!
- Office365Mon.com – How do you know what’s going on with the health of your Office 365 tenant? With Office365Mon!
- Sperry Software – Powerful Outlook Add-ins developed to make your email life easy even if you’re too busy to manage your inbox
- Intelligink – We focus on the Microsoft Cloud so you can focus on your business
- Now is the time to migrate all your apps, data, and infrastructure to Azure
- Prepare for SQL Server and Windows Server 2008 end of support
- Azure vs. AWS Windows Server 2008 costs
- Azure Migrate
- Azure Migration Center
- Three reasons Azure SQL Database is best for SQL Server migrations
- Azure Database Migration Service and tool updates – Ignite 2018
- Expanding the Azure Data Box family
- Azure Cost Management Documentation
- Azure Blueprints Documentation
- Scenario-based Migration Guides
About Jeremy Winter
Jeremy Winter is Director of Azure Management, responsible for areas such as Azure Governance, Policy, Configuration, PowerShell, Disaster Recovery, Azure Migrate and the Azure Portal Experiences from within Azure Compute. The modernization of management solutions and IT is an exciting space of cloud computing that he’s incredibly passionate about and happy to be a part of.
Jeremy has been with Microsoft since 1997 and has spent time in multiple engineering disciplines (development, operations, and program management). He started my early career as a dev, transitioned to operations running large scale services and in 2012 switched to a program management leadership position. For the last 5 years, he has been leading the development of Azure-related services centered around enterprise management.
Find more from Jeremy on the Azure blog.
About the sponsors
|Mover is a cloud migration company that specializes in moving your company’s files from file servers or cloud storage like Box, Dropbox, and Google, into Office 365. Their patented technology makes Mover the fastest OneDrive file migrator in the world. Moving dozens of terabytes of data a day is a breeze.
Scan, Plan, Migrate, Report. Migrations that don’t suck – with Mover! Visit mover.io for more info.
|“How do I know what’s going on with the health of my Office 365 tenant?” When there’s a problem with your tenant you need to know what’s going on before your users. Office365Mon helps you understand not only when your tenant goes down, but how well it’s performing. When you do have a problem, where do you start looking? Is it your network? Is it your tenant? Is it some feature inside of Office 365? Our network analysis features can help pinpoint performance issues and help you figure out where those bottlenecks are. Sign up for a FREE 90-day trial today at Office365Mon.com. Stay in the Know, and Stay in Control with Office365Mon.com.|
|Sperry Software, Inc focuses primarily on Microsoft Outlook and more recently Microsoft Office 365, where a plethora of tools and plugins that work with email have been developed. These tools can be extended for almost any situation where email is involved, including automating workflows (e.g., automatically save emails as PDF or automatically archive emails that are over 30 days old), modifying potentially bad user behaviors (e.g., alert the user to suspected phishing emails or prompt the user if they are going to inadvertently reply to all), and increased email security (e.g., prompt the user with a customizable warning if they are about to send an email outside the organization). Get started today by visiting www.SperrySoftware.com/CloudIT|
|Intelligink utilizes their skill and passion for the Microsoft cloud to empower their customers with the freedom to focus on their core business. They partner with them to implement and administer their cloud technology deployments and solutions. Visit Intelligink.com for more info.|