In Episode 322, Ben and Scott talk about the announced rebranding of Yammer to Viva Engage, a new admin center for Viva Engage, and the retirement of Run-As accounts. Oh, and please reach out to Ben and congratulate him on his newly minted MVP status! 🎉
In Episode 293, Ben and Scott talk through some weird behaviors you can encounter when you’re using OneDrive for Business and Known Folder Move when it comes to PowerShell modules and then dive into some of the announcements from Microsoft Inspire.
52. That’s quite a number. It’s not the number of updates we have to talk about in this episode, but it is the number of episodes we’ve released.
With that being said, Episode 52 is all about news for the month of February 2018. We have updates in Azure, the Microsoft Search experience for Teams and SharePoint, and a number of updates to Azure Active Directory.
- General availability: Virtual Network Service Endpoints for Azure SQL Database
- Private Teams now shows up in Search
- New ways to govern access of external users are coming to Office 365
- “In SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business, sharing resources (files, folders, sites, etc.) with external users is accomplished by sending an invitation to the users directly, or adding them to groups and granting appropriate access levels. As a result, an external user would only see the content that has been shared with the user or with groups to which the user belongs.After March 23, 2018, external users will no longer see content that has been shared with Everyone, All Authenticated Users, or All Forms Users. Only a small number of tenancies use this permissions model to grant access to their specific external invited guests. Content that has been permissioned to these groups will, by default, be visible only to your users within your organization’s tenancy.”
- External user permission changes
- Working with Administrative Units
- Azure AD Naming Policy for Office 365 groups is now in Public Preview
- Centralized Deployment for Outlook add-ins will now be available in preview
- Find what you want, discover what you need with personalized intelligent search across Microsoft 365
Ben and Scott are back again in Episode 49 with a recap of your Office 365 news for January 2018. This month it is all about Yammer, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business, and Azure Active Directory.
- Seen Counts in Yammer
- Manage Yammer users across their life cycle from Office 365
- Define Your Yammer Group’s Purpose
- Ignite Session: Yammer Roadmap
- Move conversations in Yammer
- Restore your OneDrive
- Support Tip: Conditional Access policies for Intune will now be available in Azure Active Directory
- Azure Active Directory conditional access what if tool – preview
- Old Intune Portal Being Retired
- Microsoft Forms is out of Preview – enough said
- Now – move files anywhere in Office 365, SharePoint and OneDrive
- General Availability of the SharePoint Migration Tool & SharePoint Migration Assessment Tool Updates
- SharePoint and OneDrive Management, Migration, and Security Updates
- Bulk edit SharePoint metadata
- Microsoft Teams new Who bot is available in preview
In Episode 44, Scott and Ben tear through the Office 365 news for December 2017. One would think it would be slow at the end of the year, but no, we’re jam-packed with the latest updates.
- Read and write Managed Metadata in SharePoint lists, append to arrays, and a new connector
- Introducing Flow Launch Panel in SharePoint Lists and Libraries
- Announcing Microsoft Flow Analytics
- Microsoft OneDrive recognized as a Forrester Wave Leader in Enterprise File Sync and Share
- SharePoint Online: create news from SharePoint home in Office 365
- Create News posts from the SharePoint Online Homepage
- SharePoint site design and site script overview
- Search for words in your images in Office 365
- Engage employees in your intelligent social intranet with Yammer and SharePoint
- Set up the Standard or Targeted release options in Office 365
- We’re moving TechNet to https://docs.microsoft.com
- Set up Microsoft Forms
- Manage your Office 365 tenant on any platform with the Office 365 CLI
- The new Azure AD sign-in and “Keep me signed in” experiences rolling out now!
- Update on Focused Inbox and our plans for Clutter