In this week’s episode, Ben and Scott break down Microsoft Stream and Office 365 Video.
We made it to Episode 10! We’re officially into double digits! We mentioned PowerShell is some of our previous episodes, but in this episode, we dive headfirst into PowerShell for Office 365. This includes PowerShell for Azure AD, SharePoint, Exchange Online and Skype for Business. We could easily come back and do a deep dive on PowerShell for each of topics, but this will at least whet your appetite.
- Connect to the Security and Compliance Center with PowerShell
- Security and Compliance Center cmdlets
- MSOnline – Azure AD PowerShell V1
- AzureAD – Azure AD PowerShell V2
- Install Using Install-Module
- Introduction to the SharePoint Online Management Shell
- Office 365 PowerShell for SharePoint Online – TechNet
- PowerShell Command Builder (SharePoint Online and MSOL – Azure AD V1)
- Module Installer Download
- Dev PnP PowerShell cmdlets
- User PowerShell with Exchange Online – TechNet
- Connect to Exchange Online – Remote Sessions
- Connect to Exchange Online with MFA – EXO Module
Skype for Business Online
- Using PowerShell to Manage Skype for Business Online
- Downloading and Installing the Skype for Business Online Module – TechNet Guide
- Module Download
In episode 9, Scott and Ben wade into the world of SharePoint Online Administration. We discuss some of the difference between SharePoint On-Premises and SharePoint Online as well as things that are the same in both environments. We talk about limits to be aware of and other points of consideration when rolling out and administering SharePoint Online. From there we make our way into talking about PowerShell and managing SharePoint Online with PowerShell. We wrap up by talking about various site collections that are created in SharePoint Online, specifically around the Content Type Hub and Microsoft Groups and Teams.
- Limits and Boundaries in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint Online PowerShell Module
- Dev PnP SharePoint PowerShell Module
- Azure AD PowerShell v2 and Microsoft Online PowerShell Module
- Managing the SharePoint Online Content Type Hub
Note: This was recorded pre SharePoint Summit 2017, as such, some of the new administration features that were announced (but not yet released) aren’t covered in this episode. If you want to here are take on the announcements from the SharePoint Summit, you can go back and listen to Episode 7.
In this episode, Scott and Ben discuss the Office 365 news for the month of May 2017.
- Planner App for iOS and Android released
- Planner Connector for Flow
- Microsoft Flow Community Blog
- Microsoft Teams Connector for Flow
- PowerBI Adoption Reports for Office 365 now in public preview
- New Power BI SKUs and Features
- The Azure AD Admin Console in the new Azure Portal is now GA
- New Features in the eDiscovery Service and Advanced eDiscovery
- MileIQ included with E3 and E5 Plans as well as Business Premium
- Longer Paths with OneDrive for Business and Team Sites and fewer Illegal Character limitations
- Modern classroom collaboration with Office 365 for Education
In this episode, your intrepid hosts discuss the May 2017 SharePoint Virtual Summit.